1. Types of Contributions¶
You can contribute in many ways:
1.2. Report Bugs¶
Report bugs at https://github.com/audreyr/cookiecutter/issues.
If you are reporting a bug, please include:
- Your operating system name and version.
- Any details about your local setup that might be helpful in troubleshooting.
- If you can, provide detailed steps to reproduce the bug.
- If you don’t have steps to reproduce the bug, just note your observations in as much detail as you can. Questions to start a discussion about the issue are welcome.
1.3. Fix Bugs¶
Look through the GitHub issues for bugs. Anything tagged with “bug” is open to whoever wants to implement it.
1.4. Implement Features¶
Look through the GitHub issues for features. Anything tagged with “enhancement” is open to whoever wants to implement it.
Please do not combine multiple feature enhancements into a single pull request.
Note: this project is a bit conservative, so new features might not get into core. If possible, it’s best to try and implement feature ideas as separate projects outside of the core codebase.
1.5. Write Documentation¶
Cookiecutter could always use more documentation, whether as part of the official Cookiecutter docs, in docstrings, or even on the web in blog posts, articles, and such.
1.6. Submit Feedback¶
The best way to send feedback is to file an issue at https://github.com/audreyr/cookiecutter/issues.
If you are proposing a feature:
- Explain in detail how it would work.
- Keep the scope as narrow as possible, to make it easier to implement.
- Remember that this is a volunteer-driven project, and that contributions are welcome :)